Sun, Apr 16|
The SDF Collective
The Path To Better Mixes Pt 1
#1 Always mix intentionally
Time & Location
Apr 16, 2023, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The SDF Collective, 20 NW 3rd St, Gresham, OR 97030, USA
About the event
Instructional workshop: 2 hours focusing on methods of starting a mix and questions that are often asked.
- Using your faders and pan knobs before addressing any audible issues.
- EQ choices functions and decisions what type to use, when where and why?
- Serial VS parallel Compression - how, when, where, and why?
- The purpose and use of gain staging in the box?
- Signal flow and the intention of your plugins, Plugin chains and how the order of plugins effects the signal flow.
- Training your ears and understand frequency bands to make corrective choices.
- Kick and bass relationship - Which one gets the low end.
- Mixing your low end in mono and use of mono maker plugin parameters on room mics.
- The room you are mixing in and how to understand your room and its effects on your mix and ears.
- Should you mix into a mastering bus? If so, what is the base plugin chain that makes up an initial mastering bus?
There will be a 30 minute Q & A afterwards.
This two hour class will cover everything you need to learn "The Path To Better Mixes". First of a two class series!$70.00+$1.75 service fee